Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Creative Resolution

Happy New Year! - my Creative Resolution.

I have always been artistic, always painted, always sketched for as long as I can remember. Somewhere along the way in this life's journey my art fell away. It's been a long while since I painted. Over the last months art has been tugging at me, urging me to dust off the brushes and place paint on paper. It was a strong calling that haunted me even in my sleep.

For the new year I don't have a typical wish; I have resolved to bring art into my life again. Here, things begin. The week after Christmas I was inspired by the New York Times photographs of children playing in Central Park's snow. Here is Snow Baby...

2 comments:

  1. Kristine,
    I'm excited that you're keeping a blog and even more excited that you'll be painting and doing other 2-D art. It'll be fun to watch your progress. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your art with us. Looking forward for more to come!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete